This Appendix applies where the Informa Processor you are dealing with is in China or where an Informa Processor provides services to you if you live in China. Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR and Taiwan are not included for the purpose of this Appendix.
This Appendix provides the additional details regarding the information defined as “Personal Information” under Personal Information Protection Law of the People's Republic of China (“PIPL”).
By using this site or our services you consent to the processing in this Appendix as updated from time to time.
Section 1. Legal basis
Where legally required (and where no other legal basis for processing exists), we will obtain your consent before processing your Personal Information, as required by PIPL and related administrative regulations.
Informa may process your Personal Information without your consent, under any of the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which you are a party
- Where it is necessary for the performance of statutory duties or statutory obligations
- Where it is necessary for the response to a public health emergency or for the protection of the life, health and property safety of a natural person
- Where it is necessary to process the Personal Information disclosed by you or other Personal Information that has been legally disclosed within a reasonable scope in accordance with the provisions of PIPL
- Other circumstances stipulated by laws and administrative regulations
Section 2. Processing of sensitive personal information
Sensitive personal information refers to personal information that, if leaked or used illegally, may easily lead to an infringement upon the human dignity of a natural person or endangerment of the safety of his/her body or property, including biometric, religious beliefs, specific identity, medical and health care, financial accounts, whereabouts and other information, as well as the personal information of minors under 14 years of age.
During in-person events in China, in order to fulfill legal obligations such as epidemic prevention and public security management, we may collect personal identity numbers and scanned copy of the identity documents and retain this information for the time necessary and within the retention period stipulated by laws and administrative regulations. We may also share that information with government authorities.
If you are registering as a merchant or other roles which required additional identity authentication, on our websites and WeChat mini-programs, we may collect financial accounts information, such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information.
If you are registering for any of our in-person events as a visitor via online registration site or WeChat mini-program, we may collect your precise location to Identify or authenticate users and for access control purposes.
Section 3. Retention Period of Personal Information
In determining the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, sensitivity of your Personal Information, the risks that may arise from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes by other means, and applicable legal requirements, including but not limited to the PIPL, "E-commerce Law of the People's Republic of China", etc. After the expiration of the retention period, we will delete or anonymize your relevant Personal Information unless we obtain your explicit consent.
Section 4. Cross-border Transfer of Personal Information
In principle, your Personal Information will be processed within China. However, as a global company, your Personal Information may be provided to Informa affiliates (including companies established outside of China) for global management and business planning purposes.
- Informa Group Limited, located in 5 Howick Place, London, United Kingdom
For such cross-border transfers, we will obtain your separate consent and meet the requirements and procedures in accordance with applicable Chinese law.
In some cases, we may also use service providers outside of China to assist us in processing your Personal Information. We will take necessary measures in accordance with the law, including but not limited to obtaining your separate consent, entering into standard contractual clauses with overseas recipients to stipulate the rights and obligations of both parties, and ensuring adequate protection for your Personal Information.
Section 5. Sharing Personal Information
We will only share your Personal Information if we have obtained your separate consent as required by PIPL or in circumstances where your consent is not required according to laws and regulations.
5.1 Sharing with Affiliates
In the event of sharing your Personal Information with Informa affiliates outside of China, we will also ensure that such sharing complies with the prerequisites and procedures set forth in Section 4.
We will ensure appropriate technical and organizational security controls are implemented for the protection of your personal information when it is transferred and processed between Informa affiliates.
5.2 Sharing with Service Providers
In particular, in order to improve the strength and stability of our WeChat mini-programs, we might embed application program interfaces (APIs) and software tool development kits (SDKs) or other similar applications of authorized partners (including WeChat companies and other third-parties). We will conduct strict security testing on the APIs and SDKs to obtain relevant information and establish strict data protection agreements which require authorized partners to process Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as this Appendix and any other relevant confidentiality and security measures, unless authorized partners obtain your consent separately.
5.3 Sharing with other Personal Information processors
When we share your Personal Information with other Personal Information processors, we will inform you of the name of the recipient, contact information, processing purpose, processing method and type of Personal Information shared.
If such sharing is based on consent, we will also obtain your separate consent in accordance with the requirements of relevant laws and regulations.
If we determine that you have violated laws and regulations or seriously violated the relevant agreements and rules of the platforms you signed up to, to protect the personal and property safety of other users from infringement, we may share your Personal Information or business information in accordance with the law.
Section 6. Your Rights
Under PIPL, you (or in limited circumstances, your next of kin) may have the right to require us to:
- Provide you further details on the processing of your Personal Information
- Provide you a copy of your Personal Information that you have provided to us
- Correct or update incorrect or incomplete information if the correction does not affect the objectivity and accuracy of the information
- Delete any Personal Information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use, if the collection or use of the Personal Information violates the applicable law or our agreement with you
- Change the scope of your consent to our processing of your personal information or withdraw your consent
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to another Personal Information processor designated by you when it meets the conditions stipulated by the authorities
- Cancel your registered account at any time
For security reasons, we may verify your identity before processing your request. After verifying your identity, we will respond to your request within the time limit stipulated by applicable laws and regulations or inform you of external ways to resolve disputes. Usually we will respond within 15 working days.
However, we may not be able to respond to your request in some circumstances, such as those in connection with:
- Our performance of our obligations under laws and regulations;
- National security, national defense and security;
- Public safety, public health, or major public interests;
- Criminal investigations, prosecutions and trials;
- Evidence of malice or abuse of rights;
- Protection of the life, property and other major legal rights and interests of you or other individuals;
- Issues where responding to your request will cause serious damage to the legitimate rights and interests of you or other individuals or organizations;
- Trade secrets.
In connection with requests for deletion of Personal Information, due to applicable legal and security technical restrictions, we may not be able to immediately delete the corresponding information from backup systems. In such cases, we will securely store your Personal Information and restrict any further processing of it until the backup can be erased or anonymized.
After cancelling your account, we will stop providing you with products or services and delete your personal information, except as otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations.
If you wish to exercise the above rights, you can email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact Informa PLC's Group Data Protection Officer at 5 Howick Place, London, SW1P 1WG.