FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainable business.
It commits us to a series of activities between 2020-2025 that will ensure we move FasterForward to become an ever more sustainable, positive impact business.
We are moving FasterForward to embed sustainability into everything we do and help our customers and specialist markets do the same.
Delivering on this will help us champion specialists in new and more engaging ways.
When it comes to sustainability, we’re moving FasterForward.
Faster to Zero
Moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business
To help meet the urgent challenges of a changing world, we are moving faster to reduce our carbon and waste footprint with the aim of becoming a zero waste and net zero carbon business by 2030.
Wherever we can, we will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Faster to Zero commitments
1. Become carbon neutral as a business and across our products by 2025
2. Halve the waste generated through our products and events by 2025
3. Become zero waste and net zero carbon by 2030 or earlier
Embedding sustainability inside every one of our brands to help our customers accelerate sustainable development in their specialist markets
Informa exists to connect people with knowledge and our greatest impact in the world is through the content and connections we deliver for our customers.
To help our customers go faster, and to accelerate the sustainable progress of the specialist markets we serve, we are embedding relevant sustainability content inside each of our brands.
Whether it’s through events, intelligence, research or training, we’ll provide our customers with the content and connections that can drive a more sustainable future for their specialist markets.
Sustainability Inside commitments
4. Embed sustainability inside 100% of our brands by 2025
5. Help and promote the achievement of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals through our brands
Multiplying the positive impact we can create when we improve access to knowledge, help people connect more efficiently and invest in our communities
Through the content we provide, we can help connect and inform those who struggle to access knowledge and networks.
When they connect at our events and online, we can help customers be event smarter and more efficient with their time and travel.
Where we work in a specialist or local community, we can partner with them and invest in ways that help them succeed and create more positive impacts in turn.
This is how, by moving FasterForward, we can multiply our positive impact
Impact Multiplier commitments
6. Enable one million disconnected people to access networks and knowledge by 2025
7. Contribute $5bn per year in value for our host cities by 2025
8. Contribute value of at least 1% of profit before tax to community groups by 2025
9. Save customers more carbon than we emit by 2025