How and why we use personal information
Where you have consented to our use of your information you may withdraw your consent through the privacy preferences dashboard.
International transfer of personal information
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, you should first contact us. Under certain conditions, you may have the right to:
- Obtain the details of our use of your personal information
- Obtain a copy of the personal information in Informa’s custody or control that you have provided to us or that we have collected about you
- Obtain the details of your personal information that has been disclosed or transferred to third parties or other Informa entities
- Request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected or updated
- Request that we delete any personal information that we no longer have a business or legal reason to maintain
- Where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent so that we stop that particular processing
- Request that we cease direct marketing to you
- Make a complaint to your supervisory authority (contact details below) if you consider that any of your rights have been infringed or if you consider the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information has not been in accordance with applicable Canadian privacy legislation
Access to Information and Enquiries
Upon written request and authentication of identity, Informa will provide you with your personal information under its custody or control, information about the ways that your personal information is being used and information regarding individuals or organizations to whom your personal information has been disclosed or transferred.
A request to access personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information being sought. A request to access personal information should be forwarded to Informa’s Privacy Office in the “Contacting Us” section of the Policy.
Informa may charge a reasonable fee for providing personal information in response to an access request and will provide an estimate of any such fee upon receiving a written access to personal information request. Informa may require a deposit for all or part of the fee.
Informa will make personal information available within 30 days or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfil the request. In some situations, Informa may not be able to provide access to certain personal information. Informa may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information.
Where an access request is refused in whole or in part, Informa will notify you in writing, giving the reason for refusal and outlining further steps which are available to you.
Enquiries and complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints that are unable to be resolved by contacting the Informa Privacy Office, you may contact one or more of the following applicable supervisory entities in Canada:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30, Victoria Street
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta
Suite 2460, 801 6 Avenue SW
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia
4th Floor, 947 Fort Street, Victoria BC
Commission d/acces a l’information du Quebec
500, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest
Montréal (Québec) H2Z 1W7
Téléphone : 514 873-4196
Télécopieur : 514 844-6170